Friday, May 20, 2016

Final chair update

Okay, last update!

The lounge chairs are finally done. I had a morning off so after a heart-pounding trip to HD (more on that later) I carried/dragged these all out to the fire pit. Other than giving me a reason to remember how old I actually am lifting each of these to carry them out of the garage, around the house, and down the steps wasn’t overly terrible. They are heavier than shit though.
I can't decide if that's a footrest or side table. Time will tell I guess.
The cushions again proved to be the most difficult part of this project, as sam’s kept pushing back a delivery date to the point where we got fed up and tried to cancel the order. “Tried,” b/c even going three steps up the chain of command and eventually speaking to a rep with the vendor we couldn’t get them to stop an order that had been delayed nearly a month. Who knows who we were talking to, it was probably just three people sitting around a call center. But one pissy email to customer service later we actually got a shipping notice. Fucking finally. Bottom line, learn how to sew and don’t order online from sam’s club. 
The view from the other chair, which also has its cushion on.
My doubt about the actual existence of any such cushion lasted up until I came home and saw the large box sitting on our front steps, and even through taking the box inside and opening it. Behold, the glory of turquoise. This has actually become a bit of a theme in our outdoor decor, with the patio umbrella also coming from Sam's, in-person this time, and matching. But at long last we have finished the lounge chairs. And just in time, since what I’m working on now has me ready to put my feet up by a fire and enjoy multiple drinks. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment