Monday, June 27, 2016

tv up(date)

The basement had its first official guests this weekend and things went well; the couch got high marks for two nights of sleeping two adults and two kids, and overall things got a round of thumbs up from everyone seeing the progress so far. It was gratifying, especially since I don't think I'm going to get to baseboards or tiling the fireplace anytime soon so this might be as finished as things get for a while.
The calm before the storm
Of course, that didn't stop me from saying "absolutely" to the wife's question on whether I thought we should put a tv up for our guests before they showed up. So after getting things all taken care of, it was with a mixture of dread and excitement I found myself drilling more holes in my freshly mudded and painted walls. I loved the tv we picked out, but I was terrified at the thought of screwing up my beloved basement. And of course I did.
Aww dammit.
But the tv is up and looks good, and even better I caught the GoT finale on it last night after the kids had gone to bed thanks to our HBOnow trial. The wife came down to check on me and was worried I looked a little too happy, and I can see where she was coming from.
UUUUUGGGHHHHH
Today is a slightly different story, as I paint the patch and try to figure out the mess Comcast made of our whole-house splitter when it was first set up. Typing the word "Comcast" is enough to give me the shakes, let alone speaking it, so hopefully this is the last cable-related work that goes on for a while.

They're good problems to have though, and if today ends with broadcast television in the basement then I'll have gotten things to where they need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment