Monday, June 20, 2016

What a difference!



After an eventful weekend things are starting to round into shape in the basement. Even after not having power for several hours on Friday and still not having power in most of the basement. It’s funny, doing the basement myself has mostly gone fine but hiring someone to put a fence in lead to a main getting cut and a weekend of waiting patiently for Monday to come so I can repeatedly call to see if we can get moving again. Not fun. 
Thankfully there's enough room in the shop to paint a few lengths of molding before they go up.
But putting up the crown molding hasn’t been terrible, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice. Actually, painting it and getting it on the wall has been surprisingly pleasant, if not especially fast-moving work. One more day should see everything on the wall at least, if not caulked and re-painted. 
First one on, and I already know this was the right decision.
I had my doubts about going with a plastic-covered foam molding but I have nothing but good things to say about udecor and the moldings we choose. They shipped quickly, are easy to work with, and for what we spent add so much more to the room it’s kind of unbelievable. If they had baseboards I thought might work I would go with them again in a heartbeat. This was perfect for putting them up on my own, as soon as I had the first one up I knew I had made the right decision. Thumbs up all around for udecor.
Still no power, so a bad photo of unfinished molding will have to do for now.
Sadly at this point it seems figuring out the baseboards will have to wait until after our guests leave next weekend. I had planned on getting a tv this weekend too but now want to wait until the power situation gets sorted out…I’m OCD enough that leaving this issue unresolved is causing me no small amount of grief, but I’m not about to start mucking around with electrical stuff. Part of enjoying DIY is knowing what not to get into, and I’d rather not get electrocuted, thank you.

Purchase list:
16 8-ft lengths of crown molding from udecor
1 extra tube of liquid nails for paneling
1 tube paintable caulk, probably more

No comments:

Post a Comment