Wednesday, July 13, 2016

but it has to be the right finish to make a difference...



I liked how my little media stand came together, but I wasn’t crazy about the white painted legs in combination with the sealed walnut stain. So while the last coat of seal was drying I knocked them off and went looking for some other cheap & easy options. 

Granted, I have enough scrap around that if inspiration struck I might be able to cut/carve something else myself. But I’m not sure how I would finish them since I thought white would work and was clearly wrong. So after a quick search I found these on Amazon and had them in-hand two days later. 
although not including hardware had me hunting for screws
Looking at it now, I do think buying an extra board and building it a little taller would have made it slightly more practical, but I like what I ended up with. It looks a lot better under the tv than the stool does for sure, and there’s still room for whatever gaming system I can talk the wife into later. Hopefully we can stop losing the roku remote now too, since that thing is tiny.
Huh, maybe I should add some hardboard to the back there.
 (additional) purchase list:

Set of 4 3” legs

No comments:

Post a Comment