Friday, April 7, 2017

more like "messing up" a poang

Surprise surprise, trying to stain our poang hasn't gone great so far.
These actually don't look terrible...
But they don't really match the chair either.
Hoo boy.

A bit blotchy, and lighter in tone than I was expecting since the stain isn't getting into the wood like I had hoped. Looks like I didn't sand quite as much as I should have.

This bummed me out more than I thought it would. I shouldn't be surprised that some of these projects aren't successful, but honestly it's happened so infrequently that when it does it's a real downer. I'm going to give it a few days to sit while I weigh my options.

Option one is try a second coat with a darker stain I already have on hand. See if that helps things look any better without sanding everything again. That means option two is if I'm not happy with a second stain coat, sand everything off and start over. I don't feel like that's in any way going to happen. The real option two is buy some black spray lacquer, and just coat the entire thing and make it nice and shiny. Honestly, that might happen anyway so I might as well give option one a shot and keep my fingers crossed.We'll have to see what happens over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment