Wednesday, May 31, 2017

finishing pictures

So yeah, I managed to get the cooler out of the garage over the holiday weekend, giving me my shop space back just in time to figure out what to make next.
Sunny & ready for drinks. Just seeing this pic makes me thirsty.

I took the lid back off to get the lid and top trim as cleanly done as possible, and to make it light enough for me to carry the thing up to the deck myself. Woof.
Broke two sponge brushes getting the poly on too.
One of the lid boards was pretty far off, but is a lot closer now thanks
to a few passes with a blench plane.

Just the right size to finish on the bench vs on the cooler.

All in all it did a good job for a cookout Sunday night, but now that I'm sober and hung over I'm a little aggravated I didn't get the spigot right. We'll have to see how hard it is to pull it back apart and try something else.

But I think it's going to stay there; the bottom shelf is the perfect spot to stash the table cover while it's off so things are looking very summer-y on our deck right now. It makes long weekends that much more fun, now I just have to make it through the shorter weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment