Monday, August 7, 2017

Okay, let's just call it part 10

Start to finish, here's about five weeks' worth of work.

Five weeks, and how much did it end up costing? Roughly, we're only talking about $150.

$10 for the 1x12 across the front.
$50 for 6 standard quality 1x10's.
$20 for 2 18" drawer slides
$5 for the cabinet hinges
$5 for the 3/4" plywood for the drawers
$13 for the triple coat poly
$45 for the 2x2's I didn't end up using 75% of (dammit)
$5 various other brackets and felt footings

Not the biggest project I've worked on but definitely the most involved, and I learned a lot on it. I liked being able to make builder-quality pine look a little nicer, at least nice enough to have out in the living room with the right kind of build. If I had more budget I would be up for working with nicer wood, but this way I'm not worried too much about messing up at least. I'm going to miss having something to keep me so distracted on my down time as the school year gets ready to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment