Monday, November 27, 2017

Return of the wreath

As much as I hate to start another project with the last one still taking up space in the shop, it's time to Christmas decorate so the remaining twin is just going to have to get worked around while I wait for the in-laws to pick it up.

A 60-degree day over the weekend means we've got all our lights all up already, so all I have left on my decorating list is re-doing my wreath and getting it hung on the garage. This year's wreath is getting a much stronger base than last year's, and I hope that means this year's wreath becomes next year's, and the year after that, and so on.

So no drywall. While we were out picking up more lights I picked up an extra 2x4 sheet of 1/2 inch plywood to go with the one I already had on hand, and used them to cut my circle with the same technique I used last time. Unfortunately cutting each one out was as far as I got with all the other things we had going on, but that's enough for now.
I was drilling some guide holes but lost interest pretty quickly. Jig saw did fine w/o them.
A sturdier build means I also have to figure out how to store it, but with some extra hinges sitting around I think I might have that one handled. Once I figure out how to hang it and keep it looking like a wreath I think we're in good shape. The rest is just stapling and time management, something that seems to be in short supply right now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment