Tuesday, July 24, 2018

One door, I guess

So the past few days have been horrible on my schedule. Staying late at the office, then working on stuff when I get home, on top of school, it's been hard to be productive. But these are exactly the kinds of weeks I want to work on something, so I tried to find time to make some progress on the table.

Part of that progress was getting a door for the bar cabinet. I thought I had a good plan to move on but as it turns out, things change. I ended up getting some flush hinges so instead of two doors over the opening, there is one door flush to the opening. Or at least there will be once I formally attach it.

All the door is is split 1x4 board for the frame, routered out to hold a 1/4 inch oak plywood in the middle. And b/c I'm lazy, I kregged the corners instead of getting fancy. It works, and it'll be on the inside.
But putting the hinges on permanently is going to have to wait until I get it stained, and I can't even decided how to do that right now. I actually kind of like the idea of going two-toned, and not staining the panel in the middle. We'll see what the wife thinks of that.

I should probably get staining in general, but I'm saving that until I've had a chance to sand things to my liking. Which will have to wait until I get over the scratchy throat making me want to die right now, thank you very much children.

No comments:

Post a Comment