Friday, August 24, 2018

Clear out the garage

August has really gotten away from me. I have another project on the agenda, but before I get started I wanted to clear out the garage. Time for a garage sale!

We've spent the 2 1/2 years in the new house dropping off a truly copious number bags at goodwill. They make it so easy with the drive up window. But I have some larger items I want to get rid of, including the wine butler I just copied the t-racks from and a few bikes I no longer see myself riding. The wife has her doubts, but she's given me the go-ahead to throw a sale the weekend after Labor Day. Woo hoo!
Cleaned and lubed. Time to find her a good home. 
Goodbye, artifact of our 20's. 

Name your price!
So between now and then I have to clean up some of the other stuff we're going to put out, like getting all the stickers off the kids' old toddler bed. Then I get to scour the house for other stuff to round out the sale, and the boy is even thinking of putting his Thomas trains in. We'll have to negotiate on who gets those funds, it's never too early to talk about the value of a dollar.

Doing this on top of wrapping up two more classes, including two 10+ page papers and a narrated presentation, it feels like we have a lot going on right now. But I don't see much harm in adding one more thing. Especially if it gives me an excuse to drink outside while we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment