Tuesday, December 31, 2019

DIY gifts for my staff

The year is almost over, but I would be remiss if I didn't at least offer a recap of the project I managed to squeeze in at the end of the year. I had been thinking about making everyone on my staff some tree cookie coasters this year from a couple of branches that I had been saving for a while. Moving into the interim position meant I had to make a few more than expected but they actually turned out pretty nice.
A couple of them ended up as live edge slab coasters vs rings b/c of the size of the branch, but some of them were dry enough to stay flat so they worked out.
Notice all the extras that weren't quite right on the left side there.
Months in the making, and I still had to work late into the night a few days before I wanted to pass these out. Nothing like saving thing for the last minute.
I was getting pretty tired of these at this point. I made about 50.
All in all I thought these were worth giving, at least I didn't feel too stupid handing them out. No more so than I would have with gift cards at least.

So that's it for 2019, and even though I'm working on something fun right now my record of actually posting results is pretty poor right now. Hopefully the final projects are worth sharing. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment