Monday, October 31, 2016

Choosing tile



I had a moment of clarity over the weekend while out looking at tile with the family; the miniscule differences of my opinions on different tiles mean I basically don’t care what tile we ended up going with for the fireplace hearth. With that in mind we grabbed a few sheets and got ready to put them on. 

A quick aside, apparently you can’t go anywhere in the ‘burbs before Halloween without running into some kind of “safe trick or treating environment” where people hand candy out from the trunk of their car. We stopped by HD after a morning swim and there was one in the parking lot. Went to the grocery store afterwards to get milk, there was one there. Both full of kids in full costume. And it wasn’t like they turned our kids away b/c they were just in normal clothes, but how does everyone know about this kind of thing? We were just running errands, we didn’t expect this trip to end up taking almost three hours. And Halloween was still three days away. The kids have been riding a sugar high for days now.

Anyway, I was excited to go home and tile but it seems I had gotten a little ahead of myself. Apparently you can’t store a tile cutter in a detached garage over Chicago winters, b/c my 14” cutter from the condo backsplash refused to slide. And here I was congratulating past me for keeping this in it's original box for 3+ years just in case. Oh well. A few drops of lubrication and hopefully we’ll be cutting tiles soon. 
I guess we'll have to add wd-40 to our shopping list.

Yeah, that's not going to work for cutting tile.

Although getting this done means more grouting, so maybe I'll pretend it needs more time that it actually does. It's not like I'm going to find time to finish this during the week anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment