Thursday, October 27, 2016

Art without a home

I stole yet another project idea from somewhere else. But I had some surprise quiet time at home, a spare canvas, and needed a bit of mental distraction. I keep telling myself the next idea I get is going to go on a canvas I’ve made myself but honestly I can’t imagine finding the time to get one done.
Not a bad sketch at least.
It’s been a crazy fall; with the kids so busy I can’t believe I choose this semester to both take and teach a class. We’ve all been up to our elbows in things to do, hence the opportunity to post about projects other than the fireplace growing pretty rare. But with the wife back home and taking the kids out I had a quiet evening to myself after a stressful day at work so I thought I would sit down with some paint.
Huh. Maybe I should have done the tiny tiny letters first...
I’m not sure if I’ll leave the right edge as is or fill it in; I like the definition it gives the image but the all black side looks pretty good on its own too. We’ll see what the kids say.  
Just in time for Halloween.
Regardless of whether it’s finished or not I have no place to put it; I just put a new hook in a living room wall for some Halloween decorations but somehow I doubt the wife, as cool as she is, would approve of putting this going up once it’s time for the ghouls and goblins to come down. Maybe the boy will want to put it up; it’ll match his lightsaber nightlight at least.  

No comments:

Post a Comment