Friday, November 11, 2016

Messing with leftovers

Let's try to ignore the horrors this past week has brought and get some work done around the house with the extra day off. If you had told me a month ago I could feel this bad a week after the Cubs won the WS I would have laughed at you. But my country just elected a cheeto-colored vulgarian President and all I can do about it is get back to work. Sigh.  

I hate it when scrap becomes clutter. As happy as I was with the hearth tile, having nearly a full square left over but not returnable was bugging me. So I starting looking for places to use the rest up. The shelves in the bathroom looked pretty bare, so I thought they might be a good fit.
I wasn’t about to grout again though, so I stripped the backiing off all the leftovers and glued them on one at a time. It actually ended up looking pretty good.
Small touch, but nice.

Buddha is happy. Remember that.
 It adds a little pop in a pretty dull bathroom.
Goodbye scraps.
Even better, it took care of the leftovers almost perfectly. I didn’t want to toss an almost entire square, but I can toss these scraps easy. Or at least easier; I finally got rid of old tile from our condo the other day. They made it through a move! But it was time to get rid of them. Unfortunately for these guys, their time has come a lot sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment