Sunday, November 27, 2016

Scrap picture frame easel

I seem to be in a groove when it comes to scrap projects. It’s good; the more I use the less I have to clean up on my days off. Today’s project was a small one, but it feels like one that could be useful in a couple of places.

Another casualty in our dropped moving box was a collage frame full of wedding pictures. None of the glass actually broke, but the 8-picture frame broke into a 6-picture frame and a smaller 2-picture frame. A little glue was enough to get it back together, but I haven’t put it back on the wall yet. Partly b/c I wasn’t sure it would hold, and partly b/c the cherry wood didn’t match anything else already up. So I thought some of the scrap I have sitting around would make a good easel to put this on a shelf somewhere.
All glue, all good.

That looks like a just about perfect fit.
Yup, that'll do.
This was another one of those things I kind of threw together haphazardly and things worked out. No nails, just glue, with only one cut to scrap I already had on-hand. That was for the piece on the top, I trimmed it to fit into the frame so it wouldn’t move. It seems more than sturdy enough to hold the frame up and keep it in place, which is great b/c these pictures have been looking for a home for almost a year now and this will help get them get one (once I stain this too, in case it’s visible wherever I end up putting them).

No comments:

Post a Comment