Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Need decorating ideas? Just add another tree.

I will admit I never saw myself putting up more than one Christmas tree in the same house. But I never really saw myself getting so much enjoyment out of building my own gigantic wreath either, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised when stuff like this happens anymore. With the basement and fireplace basically done and relatives asking if we want their old trees, why the hell not? The fireplace is in good shape for stockings at least, and incredibly we had enough ornaments to basically do a second tree. So I guess Christmas morning is going to be in the basement from now on. At least I can still watch “A Christmas Story.”
Actually nicer looking than the one upstairs.
Of course we didn’t get just a tree, we also got a lighted mini tree that the boy instantly claimed as his, and a host of other lights, garlands, and old outdoor decorations. I could have used some of that two weeks ago but whatever. A co-worker randomly gave me an advent tree too, with ornaments for each day. The boy claimed that one too. Things are looking very festive around the house these days.

Although I am a little worried that this signals a trend for our house to become the dumping ground for stuff no one wants anymore. I’m okay throwing stuff out as necessary but I don’t want piles of everyone else’s crap taking up space in our garage in the meantime. The wife would say this is just my inner bah humbug coming out but as good as all this stuff looks right now, come Dec 26th I’m going to have to start figuring out where to put it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment