Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Still needs a little something



When we got our first big snow of the season I realized the wreath still needed a little something. It looked okay when I tested the 3M hook, and it looks good when we leave for the day in the morning while the sun is still out, but looking at in the dark while I was shoveling this weekend it obviously needed lights to go with everything else we have up. 

And how do you add lights to a wreath with no outlets in sight and keep costs manageable? I had no idea, but thankfully Meijer delivered with some battery-powered lights on sale when we finally made it on the road to go grocery shopping. So for another $10 I picked up 2 50 light strands for the big wreath, along with another $5 for a smaller strand for the door wreath.
Sometimes it feels like the work never ends.
Even better, they’re battery powered but both have timers, so once you turn them on you can leave them alone and they turn off, then come back on 14 hours later. The 50-light strands use 3 C batteries, which makes for a chunky control unit but they did have a loop to attach it to something with. Easy to attach a screw to the wreath backing and leave these on all night now. And with that, I think this is finally finished.  
Better
So it looked much better when I was back out there later that day shoveling yet another dump of that fluffy white bullshit. Two big snows already this holiday season and I’m ready to skip to March. Woof. 
Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment