Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Who has time to turn a crib into a desk?



I’m getting surprisingly sentimental about some aspects of parenting, but getting rid of our crib does not strike me as anything to get emotional about. In fact, as we move the girl to toddler-friendly bed I’m excited to have the chance to re-use something that’s still pretty solid but outlived its initial usefulness. Excited, but also unsure of when exactly I’ll be able to get to work on this thanks to budget and time concerns. Oh well. I’ll find the time somehow.
If it's in the shop, it probably won't stay this way for long...
There is plenty to do though. This was not a terrible crib, but it’s been puked on, chewed on, and moved through three different locations, and at this point even with a few newborns in our social circle no one’s too keen on taking it off our hands. So I’m more than happy to have lots of steps ahead of me to convert it to a desk for the kids to use for art projects, and maybe even homework as they get older. 
Uh, yeah, lots of cleaning to do first. Years' worth of puke in there.
I somehow managed to keep posting while taking a class, teaching a class, working my normal full-time, and keeping family time going, so I’m sure I’ll find ways to work on this and the handful of other projects I want to work in in the foreseeable future. I just have to remember to take some pictures while I do to keep things interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment