Wednesday, January 4, 2017

So where does everything go now?


I was surprisingly hesitant to take all of our holiday decorations down this year. Usually everything is back to boxes in time for New Years, but for whatever reason no one was in any kind of rush to put things away. Part of it for me was probably not really wanting to admit it was time to go back to work but a bigger part was probably just everyone enjoying the season and not wanting it to be boring old January.

But you have to move on eventually, so I spent my last day off boxing up the extra tree, taking our outdoor lights down, and trying to figure out where everything is going to go. It didn’t help that I couldn’t stop buying extra decorations now that things are down to 90% off everywhere but that’s not important…

An extra tree meant a new tree box, and that was my first stop. Our old tree is still getting boxed up in the cardboard it came with, but this one got dropped off w/o a box in several pieces. I got the biggest, cheapest one I could find at wally-mart. Not really DIY but probably cheaper that way. Even then, it was barely big enough. But the tree has a new home under the stairs, and I did get to move some closet organization tools around to make it happen.
Already buried under halloween decorations
And what are these?
That took care of the tree, but there are still boxes and rubbermaids sitting around wondering where they’re going to go, not to mention all the other second-hand stuff that don’t even have containers to go into yet. This is usually when I introduce the fantastic project I’ve put together to address the issue that’s been raised but so far I’ve got nothing…hopefully that changes in the near future but for now the only DIY I’m doing is trying to fit these into spaces that are too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment