Monday, February 13, 2017

Getting your feet wet

Priming the crib ended up helping with the final quality of my re-paint job, but getting the feet done was a little trickier. I ended up with a solution that took some of the difficulty out of it.

There was a lot of crouching and bending to get that paint on, and at some point I realized I still wasn't doing a great job. The feet had to come off to get their own coats. So I drilled four holes in a piece of scrap, screwed the feet in, and viola; four feet I could put anywhere to prime and paint.
Spray paint counts as primer if it's white.

That worked great for a least priming; paint was a different story. They weren't looking too hot with the big brush, so they got taken off and touched up with a smaller brush to get the details.
The kids were painting too this weekend, which gave me the idea.
I know the feet on a project like this aren't overly important. No one's going to be on their hands and knees to look at the tiny details but I'm anal. If I do something I like to do it well, and that kind of OCD is rearing it's ugly head during this project specifically for whatever reason. It'll help it look better in the long run at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment