Friday, February 10, 2017

furniture painting

Next up for the crib desk is paint. I was pretty dubious about this stage, since finish is pretty critical to getting these projects a thumbs up from the rest of the house, and there are plenty of tutorials out there about what can go wrong while re-painting furniture. And with one coat on things don't look perfect, but overall I'm pretty pleased with things thus far.
Hey, that looks really good in the can at least.

Whew. Not bad on the crib either.
Rust-oleum has a nice shade of royal blue in their latex, and at $7 it seems like a good start. I know, going cheap usually isn't a good way to guarantee a successful project but hopefully the early effort to sand and prime pays off by saving me some cash here. Working with latex was a learning experience; some spots went really well and look good right away, some look pretty shoddy and will obviously need more care in later coats.
That doesn't look too bad!

That, however, does.
I'm thinking at least three coats, so hopefully I can get one on over the weekend and another next week when I go in late. As long as I still have time to put together the wife's valentine's day card, which I was going to do today but the afternoon kind of got away from me...either way, that's got to get done in the next day or two. Then, a few days for a lacquer coat and we'll be ready to pick some boards and put a desktop together. Always looking forward to more woodworking.

No comments:

Post a Comment