Monday, February 6, 2017

Super hung-over day

If the Bears ever made the Super Bowl again I think I would lose my mind. As it stands now, my interest gets a little smaller every year w/o a rooting interest, but I still like to take the Monday after off. Especially after a crazy ending like last night. So as I spend the day lounging around an empty house, I figured why not see if I could make some progress on the crib desk.
Sanded and about to get tacked.

I have an idea on paint to try to get a match for the rest of the boy's furniture, but that means sanding and priming before it's ready to try. Sanding actually took significantly less time than I was planning on, so the primer came out too.
Remind me to get some foam rollers before painting.

Yeah, it doesn't look great right now. But with the right furniture paint, a couple poly coats, and a few sanded and stained boards glued together for a table-top, I'm starting to see some potential here. It might be a few weeks before that gets done, but it felt good to be surprisingly productive on a day off. Now we can start the countdown to a Friday off for John Wick 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment