Monday, February 20, 2017

Sharing my space

It's been an amazing experience to watch our house round itself into shape over the past 15 months. As we settle in storage areas filled up and spaces delineated themselves by purpose, or at least intended purpose. And now I find myself wondering how exactly it's come to this, b/c now I'm sharing my garage with not just my bike trainer, but a new treadmill as well, and maybe even the elliptical again. Woo boy.
That's a little more crowded than I usually like.
The funny thing is when I first floated the idea of a workspace by the wife, her only concern was what we would do in a few years when our oldest gets a car and doesn't have a covered space to park it. Ha ha ha ha! Somehow I don't think she's worried about that right now.
Step 1: get rid of the garbage.
What I'm worried about is keeping this treadmill as dust free as possible, and that's going to take some re-organizing and possibly some dust collection planning in the future. We killed our last treadmill but I'd like to keep this one around long enough to lose the severe case of dadbod I seem to have caught. For now, I'll hope that changing the space around a bit is enough to keep things workable. I have plenty of projects on my spring/summer list, and don't want to lose my space to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment