Thursday, February 23, 2017

Lacquer in the front

But only with the windows open.

The second coat of crib paint was looking good enough for me, so I attached some cleats and got ready to bust out the lacquer. The cleats got an extra coat of paint as well, just to give them one more thing attaching them to the crib in the hopes they're strong enough to hold a desktop. I think they'll be fine.
ComEd had turned the power off. Thank goodness for battery tools.

The lacquer also turned out fine, once I got used to the fumes. It took hours for them to die down, making me slightly hesitant to add another coat, which I think it could use, but I guess there's not rush. It's going to be a while before I have time to get boards to finish, so I have to sit around staring at a half-finished project until I somehow find an extra hour in the day.
Shiny. Hopefully kid-damage-resistant as well.

Which is a shame, b/c resurfacing the crib has gone well enough that I'm tempted to try it on our ikea chair in the basement to punch it up a little, but have no idea when I'd ever have time to get that done. Just another idea to let simmer for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment