Monday, February 27, 2017

Garage/reading room

I had some wood shelving that was up in the condo but hasn't found a home in the new house yet that I've been wanting to put to work, and the shop getting reorganized this week gave me chance to let inspiration strike. The wife got me a book on wood finishing for christmas, and I've been reading Nick Offerman's "Good Clean Fun" which is big into keeping clean and organized so inspiration most definitely struck. I was going to put the shelves up in the basement once we had things set up, but using them as bookshelves in the garage seems like a much better place for them.
Testing...
and confirmed. Yup, that'll work.

So instead of evacuating while the lacquer fumes evaporated like I probably should have, I put one over the drafting table's new spot. I liked it so much the other one got put up too. They still need a coat or two of poly that they never got since we were staging and getting ready to move when these first went up but I think that will work. I'm still not sure the table is going to stay, but having move shelves in the garage means more storage space for non-tools that were taking up valuable real estate.

Now all I need is a broken down recliner and a mini-fridge, and I'll never leave the garage. I'm half joking, but being forced to re-organized has made it a lot more comfortable in there. It's a good lesson to learn and again, I'm amazed at how things are still rounding into shape after more than a year in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment