Monday, March 13, 2017

Finished crib-desk

After liking how the plain boards looked against the blue paint, I went with a natural stain and then sealed it for a finish. Two coats of poly looked okay, but for some additional protection I used up most of the spray lacquer I had left. Lots of fumes, but a shiny, smooth desktop was worth it.  We'll see how long it stays that way once the paint and markers come out.
Ta da!
With the cable grommet caulked in, I think that's about it. Now all we have to do is find some chairs the kids won't fall out of, and figure out where we're going to put this for now. Eventually it's going in the boy's room, but it's not like he's got homework to do. It'll get more use as an art table for now.

I can't believe this took two months to get done. Actually I can, between getting sick, starting a new workout routine, and not having much time off recently that doesn't leave much extra project time. But I like how it turned out, and more importantly the kids do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment