Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Upon further review...

Huh.

Taking a closer look at the table top after a run at the end of the day, it looks like I could have been a little cleaner on how the back board was joined. Some slight chisel use and a not-insignificant amount of sanding seems to have taken care of that though.
Looks pretty good...
With some flaws when you get the macro lens out.
I would like to get a hand plane eventually, but for now I'll settle for just beating everything level. At least it's a chance to learn my way around a chisel. One drawback is it takes longer, especially when you're working on things a little at a time. If I run after the kids are down and manage to go straight to shower/bed, I can get to sleep by 11 PM. If I get distracted by something in the shop, it's usually much later. And I get distracted. A lot, as you might be able to tell by how quickly I decided to add a bottom shelf earlier in the day.
Still sanding, after trimming the boards and testing the fit.

But who can keep their hands off a good looking piece of lumber or a half-finished project just waiting to be worked on in the shop? I know I can't. Especially when I'm getting this close to being done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment