Monday, May 15, 2017

Cooler progress

Even if it wasn't ready for our small Mother's Day cookout, I managed to get some progress done on the cooler box between all the yard work Saturday.

Most of this is superficial; trimming the bottom of the box to hide the mess, getting the top framed with flat trim, and getting the lid framed up and attached.
Opens smooth with good balance, thank goodness.
I'm tempted to leave this open for the cup holders.
Unfortunately after cutting for the trim and lid, none of the leftovers were long enough to cover either the lid or the shelf. So there's at least one more board-buying trip in my future. But I'm pretty happy with how things are looking.
Spigot's looking good too, hopefully it dries to waterproof.

So things are looking pretty good. A few more boards to cover the lid and the bottom shelf, and then seal it once I've picked up some more poly. Just in time to start my summer schedule with an open workshop. Or at least, more open than it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment