Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Eureka, I have a spigot

This is probably more expensive than simple PVC parts to get the water out of the cooler, but it'll work and it was less plumbing to figure out.

I randomly found a 5' hose adapter while we were out getting gardening supplies, and it happens to fit one of the cheaper spigot options at the nearby HD, so viola, I have my drainage plan.

I cut the other end off with my new dremel to get the spring off, and it fits right into the drainage holes left in the cooler and the stand. With some caulk around the inside of the drain hole, and an extra scrap piece to hold everything in place on the outside, we'll have drainage. Viola.
I see you peeking out down there...
Needs some extra support to keep it in place, easy.
This project has kind of stalled lately; I was hoping to have it done for our Mother's Day cookout but with everything I have left I don't think that's going to happen. Unfortunately it's a really busy time for me at work and every weekend lately has been spent getting the yard in better shape, so the cooler is on the backburner right now. There's a light at the end of the tunnel; next week is my last 5-day work week until August and I have some mornings free since there are some late nights on my calendar. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to start my summer by finishing this up though.

Man I want a beer so bad right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment