Monday, October 16, 2017

more cleat shelves

Since the treadmill's in the garage, every time I run and there's an incomplete project in there it gets me a little distracted. Ignoring the un-finished cleat system was damn near impossible, so I made sure I had some time this weekend to put a few more up. Now that they're up, hopefully I can run in peace for a few days.

One thing I like this project is not everything has to look the same, so we have a few different shelf designs up on the wall. Some are simple scrap pieces sticking off the cleat to hang stuff on, some are boxes, some are simple lips, and the circular saw gets a fancy angled shelf. I ended up really liking the shelf I made first, so I used the leftover plywood to build another smaller one, and then a third with older scrap.
I'm particularly proud of this one; I broke the handles off old paint sponges and used them as dowels to hang stuff off after chiseling them small enough to fit in 3/8 drill holes. I use it all the time with my headphones on there.
The box is probably the most useful shape these have taken.
 

I'm not sure I've landed on my final layout yet but I like how this has rounded into shape. All my painting supplies went on the 2nd box, and lots of other stuff ended up off the bench and on the wall. After I cleaned up I was pretty happy with the space, and there's still room for more shelves if needed.

The best part is having room for the saw under everything, so it's a shorter move to use it. It might get moved later, and the mower is about to get stored for the winter anyway, but this is leaps and bounds better than what it was two weeks ago. Storage solutions are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment