Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Quiet down already

Well I messed that up.

The color block painting got off to a good start but I've been messing it up ever since then. Tried to lighten the top, messed that up. Tried to blend in the middle, messed that up.

Added a bigger top section, messed that up. Tried to clean up the orange framing, messed that up.

Sigh. At this point every time I pick up a brush my inner monologue starts yelling at me about not messing something else up. Not a good way to finish a painting.

If I'm not getting the benefits of the mental quiet that comes with painting I think I'm going to take a little break from this, and probably from most project time in general. The kids are super busy, and classes and interviewing are already starting to take a toll. Yikes. I'm sure I'll need some stress relief pretty soon though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment