Monday, March 26, 2018

I admit, it's time

Not cleaning up after two relatively big projects was pure laziness, I will admit. But obviously March kind of got the better of me, between work and classes I couldn't find the energy to clean things up. But I'm hearing the call of re-doing the patio table with a new top, and there's no way I can do that with the shop in its current state.

Add on needing to get the bike ready for a potential bike commute and things needed to get straightened up. Nothing like spring break to kick start a little spring cleaning. Of course, I couldn't help making a bit more mess to clean up too.

First things to go were the scraps from the desk. I'm keeping them for now in case I follow through on my pizza oven idea and need clean scrap to burn, but they'll probably just be firewood eventually.

Next the workbench got swept off, and then re-sawdusted by my chopping the old table top into 2x4's I could use with new sawhorse brackets I picked up. Nothing like cleaning up to get some inspiration for another quick project.
I could at least build something in this
There's still some additional cleaning that needs done; there are new boxes of Christmas lights now and the boy's birthday present bike to put together, but nothing that would really stop me from putting a new table top together. Here's to a productive spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment