Friday, March 30, 2018

And this is why you clean

Cleaning has gone really well the past couple of days. On top of getting the dust and scrap together I managed to stash the decorations, and even put a new bike hook up in the event I get my act together and bike commute. I split the legs for sawhorses too, giving me two that can be taken apart and stored out of the way when not in use to keep things clean. I can't even finish straightening up without making more work for myself. 

But things are finally looking good; tools are stored properly, the workbench has been vac'd, scraps have been chopped, the floor swept, and the decorations hidden away. And why was this so important? Two new items: putting together the boy's birthday bike, and getting a new table top together. Good times.


Is it overkill to put a kids bike on the stand to get it all set? Maybe, but if you've got the tools then why not make things easier on yourself. Even with the right set up this bike was still a pain to get acceptable. Did I feel silly buying a cheap box bike for the boy's first real bike? A little bit, yes. 


But the good news I have a nice clean garage to get all messy with this new table top I'm all set to throw together. And I can't wait! I only have to find the actual time to put it together between work, kids, classes, and everything else going on. 

Just laying the boards out looks like it has so much potential my hands start wondering where the tools are. This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment