Friday, May 4, 2018

Still cleaning

I'm trying to be a little better about keeping things clean as I work on this table so things don't get quite so out of hand. That's been a little easier with the bike off the trainer and up on the wall, but now that it is I'm wondering how exactly I'm going to keep the dust off it when I get to work building the table legs. Whoops.
Pretty much right in the line of fire for dust collection. 
But even as I worry about keeping it clean this is a sight that makes me happy. Plus a little shelf for my helmet, maybe my shoes, I like where this is going.

I swear I'm going to try a test commute soon. I was just telling a coworker about the two accidents I had bike commuting in the city (2 in 10 years, not terrible) and all it really did was make me want to ride more. It's time.

In any case, getting the table ready is starting to take shape in my head. I just have to get those steps to happen in real life. So far I have:

-Get some pressure treated 2x4's, trim them straight and build the legs.

-Pick a finish, get the table sanded and stained once it's able to sit on the legs.

-Don't forget to cut the umbrella hole.

-Carry both pieces to the porch and put them together.

That's it, just four more steps. Maybe five if I don't lump the finish steps together. It's so close in my head, let's see how much I can actually get done this weekend. Hopefully it takes less than a month to make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment