Friday, September 7, 2018

DIY sign posts

If we're having a garage sale, one thing we need is garage sale signs. So I picked up some cheap ones, and spent a few minutes making some stakes with all the scrap I've got around.

I was tempted for about a millisecond to just buy a handful of the thin stakes in a bucket right next to these signs, but then I realized the whole point of a sale is making some extra cash getting rid of stuff, not buying more things I could easily do myself.

Six signs are perhaps a few too many, but I can double up on them and have them somewhere people can see them from both sides. Viola!

Between a few pieces of plywood and some split 2x4 chunks, I have plenty of stuff already looking vaguely stake-like. All I had to do was trim it and put a point on it.
With these in hand and most of our prep work done, I think we're nearly ready to host a sale. Fingers crossed we don't have to postpone a week b/c of rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment