Saturday, September 8, 2018

Maybe the crappy signs actually worked

Whew. Garage sale, day one, in the books.
The night before
And it was a success in that both bikes sold, and enough other stuff that we've built a small profit that makes me glad I did this. Despite a cloudy day that felt like it could turn into a rainy one at any point, we stayed dry and sold some good stuff. All the ND jerseys, both Bears jackets. The snow blower and the old corded mower.
The rush hour was already gone at this point, and the beater went soon after. 
Now I just have to unload the elliptical. The toddler bed. The wine butler. The bike trailer. Yikes, that feels like a long list.

But the bikes went to a good home. The same home, actually, a few hours apart. An older guy took the Raleigh down but his wife told him not to. So he came back later and bought it in his own. And then he came back and bought the beater a few hours later. My kind of guy. What does it say about me that most of my stuff sold to older suburban guys who were very excited to buy my clothes and gear? I don't know. I guess I'm an old man. 
OMG someone PLEASE buy these trains!
Lots of trains to sell too, but it'll give me and the boy more time to throw the football around so it's all good. One more early coffee run and we'll be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment