Friday, October 5, 2018

Costume updates

I had a day off coming, so not only was I able to get some more tape, I also had a flash of inspiration on how to add a tail to the wings. There was plenty of scrap (hooray) foam board after cutting the wing out, and two of them looked vaguely tail-like.
So why not put them together and tack on a tail?
This tail ended up changing shape slightly; I added a dorsal fin to tape over and give it some shape, but I also trimmed the sides down so it was less of a bee sting and more of a flight stabilizer.
Of course, once this was covered in tape it was less useful. 
Cut out a little notch to put it on and once I had more tape, it was ready to go on.


All it needs now is some elastic straps as arm bands, a bit of flame on the end and viola, one charizard costume.

Did this cost more than a store bought? Probably. But I have to say these wings look a lot better than the store bought ones. If the kids are into it, might as well give them something that wows 'em and makes it hard to walk through doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment