Monday, September 21, 2020

What a dumpster fire

Well fuck 2020 folks. 

Not that it's been all bad. I finished my doctorate, although I'm still waiting on that diploma in the mail. No ceremony, since we were all sheltered in place and no one was getting in a room with more than 9 other people. Even got myself a new gravel bike as a quarantine present to celebrate. That was a challenge, apparently everyone is biking now. But the only thing that really matters is that we're all healthy at least. 

Not for lack of trying. But the kids are elearning, the wife and I are working from home, and my sanity is slowly slipping away. Are there things I could have posted about inbetween? Probably. Finishing my study was a big deal. Defending over a zoom call. Work opening back up. Honestly time has lost all meaning at this point. 

The only reason I thought to check in here was I have an idea for a project that I need the wife's buy-in on and I'm hoping to have something to do with my hands in the near future. It would be a nice change of pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment