Thursday, October 20, 2016

I hate grout



I can’t explain it, but I’ve done two tile jobs now and for both, finishing the grouting had me ready to burn the entire job down. Maybe I’m just not patient enough. Thankfully there was less of it to do this time around, but that was evened out by having to use a stepstool for half of it.
ugh
First time around, I let the grout dry for too long and it was impossible to scrub off. I was determined not to make that mistake this time, working on smaller areas at a time but I wonder if I didn’t go too far in the opposite direction. Was I just spreading grout around and making the tiles cloudy? I couldn’t tell. And that’s just one more reason I fucking hate grout.
I can barely tell the difference anyway.
Things ended up not looking too bad though, and I think I got the tiles fairly clean. Things were definitely a darker gray on the grout label but I can live with what it dried to. Honestly I don’t see much of a difference between grout and open space until I get up close, but things do look more finished now. Tile the hearth, cover the mantel in something that matches a little better, and this will look great. Just in time to hang some stockings I would imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment