Monday, September 25, 2017

Hmmmmm. Not a bad start I guess.

There seems to be a little bit of self-doubt creeping into these titles lately. Titles are important, maybe I should spend a little more thought on them.

My doctorate classes started last and I'm still interviewing, but I sneaked some time to get some paint on the bigger of the two canvases. I'm not quite sure about the results. I had been sketching on my surface to come up with some ideas, and I thought I had hit upon a color scheme and layout I really liked.
One of many digital sketches before putting paint to canvas.

However, getting it on canvas wasn't quite matching up.
I like it better here, actually. It's growing on me.

Actually, doing this made me realize even more the positives I get out of painting. The only picture I took until I was done with the first draft of the painting was the one of my supplies ready to go, including my DIY plastic and plywood palet:

Each time I had a chance to paint I would think "okay, don't forget to get a few progress pic." And then I promptly forgot each time. When I was painting, painting was the only thing on my mind. Looking back on it, that's pretty amazing. I clearly need to paint more.
I really like specific portions of this painting though, this is one.

Both for my sanity, and the quality of my work. I'm still working on this one though. I feel like there's something salvageable somewhere on this canvas, I just have to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment